Complying with GST laws and regulations that are constantly changing is a challenge. Increasing digitalization of Revenue, Consistent local and national updates adds to this challenge. Also, accurate tax compliance is an instrumental piece of the tax puzzle.
ESarwa helps you capitalize on transformative opportunities within the complex GST Framework. We help you with all aspects of GST - from Registration to Return Filing, we do it all. We help you prepare, manage, and execute Tax filings within the evolving regulatory environment.
Every business or corporation involved in buying and selling of goods or services has to register under GST. Registration is mandatory for companies with an annual turnover of more than Rs 20 lakhs (for supply of services) and Rs. 40 lakhs (for supply of goods).
Timely GST Registration and Filing will save your business from regulatory upheaval and heavy penalties.We provide the following services for GST registration:
- Applying for GST Registration
- Acquiring GST Identification Number
- A dedicated Partner to guide you through the laws applicable to your business.
Since the registration process is online, and the documents required to be submitted are few, the turnaround time on the GST Portal is about a week.
Clients who should opt for GST Registration (MANDATORY)
1. Clients who supply goods with an Annual Turnover above ₹40 lakhs
2. Service providers with an annual turnover of Rs 20 Lakhs.
3. Also, clients falling under the below categories are required to be registered under GST:
1. Clients running their business on E-Commerce Portals like Amazon and Flipkart.
2. Clients who are AGENTS of a Supplier and Input Service Distributors.
3. NON RESIDENT INDIAN’s (NRI) who want to start a business in India but do not have a place of business here.
4. Clients who want to temporarily supply their goods/services from a State in India where he does not have a place of business.
5. Clients who are responsible to pay tax separately to the government if they consume certain services.
6. In the case of Amalgamation and Demerger, transferee companies are required to be registered from the date mentioned in the Court order.
7. In the case of Succession or Transfer of Business, the transferee is liable to register from the date of succession.
Documents required for GST Registration:
The following documents must be submitted by regular taxpayers applying for GST registration.
PAN card of the business
GST registration is linked to the PAN of the business. Hence, PAN must be obtained for the legal entity before applying for GST Registration.
Identity proof along with photographs
Identity proofs eligible like PAN, Passport, Aadhar Card or Voter’s Identity card can be submitted for registration.
Photographs of the proprietors also need to be submitted.
Address proof of Promoter
Documents like Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Voter’s Identity Card and Ration Card can be submitted as Address Proof.
Business registration document
All applicants have to submit the Proof of Registration of Business.
Partnership firms have to file Partnership Deeds.
LLP's and Companies have to file the Incorporation Certificate from MCA.
Proprietary firms are exempt from this rule as firms and his proprietor are the same entity.
The balance entities (society, Trust, Govt. Dept. etc) have to submit their Registration Certificate.
Business Location Proof
The following documents are acceptable as address proof for GST registration
o Own property
Any document that indicates ownership of the premises. Eg: The most recent Property Tax receipt, the Municipal Khata copy or a copy of the Electricity bill.o Rented or leased property
A copy of the rental agreement with any supporting document indicating lessor's ownership. Eg: the most recent Property Tax receipt, the municipal Khata copy or a Copy of the Electricity Bill. If the rental agreement or lease deed is unavailable, then an affidavit is acceptable. A supporting document indicating the possession of the premises is required along with it.o SEZ premises
o If the principal place of business is located in an SEZ or the applicant is an SEZ developer, necessary documents/certificates issued by the government of India are required to be uploaded.
o All other cases
A copy of the Premise Owner's Consent letter with any supporting document that is an evidence of his ownership. Eg: The municipal Khata copy or copy of the Electricity Bill. The same documents can be uploaded for shared property as well.
Bank account proof
Bank Documents that can be uploaded include :
1. Scanned copy of the first page of bank passbook or
2. The relevant page of bank statement or
3. Scanned copy of a cancelled cheque.
The bank document must contain the following details :
o The Name of the Proprietor or Business Entity,
o Bank Account No.,
o IFSC and Branch details.
Our Process at ESarwa:1. Once the package is selected and the payment is complete, your order will be activated in our system. You will receive Login details on your mail and once you log in, your package details will be visible to you in the dashboard.
2. You have to submit your relevant documents and fill in your basic details.
3. We will review your documents and details and prepare an online GST registration application. Incase of any additional requirements, we will get in touch with the client.
4. GSTIN is usually generated within 1 week. ( Timelines are subject to government approvals and processing.)